I love egg salad, and experimented with several different ways to season it before deciding that the combination of salt, pepper, olive oil, basil, smoked paprika, and celery seed was the winning combination! Enjoy!! :)
If you’d really like to play jazz with this egg salad, sometimes I like adding chopped sun-dried tomatoes and/or chopped black olives!
1.5 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch of celery seed
1 pinch of dried basil
1 pinch of smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
2-5 stalks of spring onions, chopped finely.
1. Cook the eggs 8 minutes at a medium boil. Do not overcook. The yolk will be soft and creamy.
2. Run eggs under cold water, then crack and remove hard outer shells.
3. Loosely dice up the eggs in large chunks and put in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Combine the rest of the ingredients with eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Serve either on top of greens with a little lemon juice or vinegar on top, or serve on top of whole wheat toast. YUM!!